Walk-a-Thon 2018 is Friday, June 8, 2018
The Walk-a-thon(s) will be held on Friday, June 8. Rain or shine! Families are encouraged to attend!
To maximize the fun for each of the grade divisions we are doing separate walks.
- 9:00 AM ELC & PreK Walk-a-Thon
- 11:00-12:30 PM Volunteer Appreciation Lunch
- 11:30 AM K–2nd Grades Walk-a-Thon
- 1:00 PM 3rd–8th Grades Walk-a-Thon
- 2:15 PM Celebration Assembly: Kindergarten – 8th grade (Assembly will be held inside in the Auditorium & PAC Room)
- 3:00 PM PTF Fantastic Friday!
• We do understand that these separate walk times may be a challenge to families who have students in different divisions. We hope that you will plan to just make a day of it and enjoy ALL of the festivities.
• Our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon is 11:00am - 12:30pm. ALL school volunteers are invited! If you ever volunteered at NCA, in any way, you are invited!
• We do want student families lining our walk route with water squirters and bubble blowers as always!
• Parking will be very tight. Offsite parking will be available and street parking. Our gates will be closed during the walk times.
• We anticipate lots of SUNSHINE! We will be outside. Please sunscreen your child and send more for student reapplication (by law, because of allergies, we cannot provide sunscreen)
• Yes! We still plan to have the bubble foam bog and a waterfall sprinkler!
• The “plunger/syringe” type of devices are NOT allowed--any size or shape, purchased or homemade.
• Respect the boundaries of students, teachers and staff who are trying to avoid getting wet.
• Send a towel and/or sweatshirt with your student(s) to warm up after the walk.
• Total amount raised and division raffle winners will be announced at the inside auditorium celebration assembly @ 2:15pm.
• Regular after-school dismissal after the assembly.
• No 2018 Walk-a-Thon t-shirt? No worries! Students should wear a PE shirt.
Target Project: Safety, Security and STEM
Our goal is $90,000 for Safety, Security and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) upgrades including adding a security gate, new surveillance cameras and more security measures. . . Also, additional STEM equipment, teacher training and supplementary learning units. All NCA students will benefit from these upgrades!
Please Read Before You Start Creating the ONLINE Account(s) in Snap:
We are continuing with Snap online fundraising. It has proven very beneficial and easy for our users.
- Each student will need a Snap account within our NCA Fundraiser.
- You are able to use the SAME EMAIL for multiple student accounts.
- You have the option to include a digital photo of your student to personalize their SNAP walkathon page.
- During Snap account set up, you will choose the 5 color and size t-shirt preferences for your student. Five choices are required no matter the size of donation you are making! These shirt color and size options are chosen at set up and cannot be changed.
- For every $50 in donations collected, students will receive one "2018 Walk-a-Thon Glow in the Dark" t-shirt.
- Students are encouraged to send out 15 emails to family & friends via Snap–Raise to help reach the NCA Walk-a-Thon goals.
- The more donations made via SNAP-Raise, the more times the student's name will go into the drawing for the signed "Seattle Sounders" collector soccer balls during the Walk-a-Thon Assembly on June 8.
- Students who fund raise over $200 by May 21 will receive a special edition Walk-a-Thon metal water bottle as a reward! Bottles will be delivered on June 6.
- If the NCA student community collectively sends 8500 campaign emails via Snap-Raise, 2 Seattle Sounders Team Players will attend our Walk-a-Thon assembly on June 8 in person!!
- PLEASE read and follow the Snap account set up instructions or tutorial VIDEOS on our NCA website! http://www.northshorechristianschools.org/walk-a-thon (they are found on the right hand sidebar)
- Mondays at 4:30pm - May 7, May 14, May 21, and May 28 are the weekly deadlines for earning totals to “activate” a shirt for delivery the next week. Money collected after 5/28 still counts toward prizes and totals, just no shirt will be delivered.
- Middle School gets one extra week to collect $$ and get shirts early! Early due date is 4/30 @ 4:30pm.
- For every $50 in donations you collect - You will receive one "2018 Walk-a-Thon Safe-Secure-Cared For Glow in the Dark" t-shirt.
- Shirt(s) will be delivered to the student classroom on Wednesdays – a week and a half AFTER each weekly Monday cutoff deadline.
- Donations are to be made on behalf of individual students. Accounting is by student, grade, and teacher.
- Donations can be made at any time… it is on Mondays at 4:30pm that we “cut off” current totals to determine week 1, week 2, etc. to be able to order student t-shirts.
- Monday 5/28 @ 4:30pm is the last day for earning totals to activate a t-shirt. Last shirt order is 5/30.
- There are 5 colors and 9 size options to choose from.
- You will make color/size selections when you set up your online fundraising account.
- There are no t-shirt exchanges - We do not “stock” t-shirts – they are screen printed each week based on your submitted preferences.
- The t-shirts are the same brand, sizes and fit as our PE T-shirts. It is best to guess on the “big” side.
- For the remainder of THIS school year - students may wear the 2018 Walk-a-Thon t-shirt as a uniform alternative every day of the week except Wednesday. You may wear the t-shirt with pants, jeans, shorts or skirts of dress code appropriate length/fit/style.
- Next school year you may wear your 2018 Walk-a-Thon t-shirts with jeans every 4th Friday of the month.
- We automatically give up to 5 t-shirts per student for funds raised. If you raise more than $250, you will need to alert us that you want more than 5 shirts.
- We need businesses/companies/families to be event sponsors! This is a great form of advertising!
- See the separate “Walk-a-Thon Sponsorship Options” form.
- Sponsorship forms and payments MUST BE submitted by Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Sponsor VS Donation to a Walker: The difference between a T-Shirt advertiser-sponsor and a Walker donation:
- Event / T-Shirt Sponsor Advertiser: A family or business purchases one of the event sponsor levels and has their name printed on the back of our t-shirts and other benefits as described. This is a type of advertising, is not tax deductible, nor does it include any t-shirts. We seek sponsors during April.
- Donation to a Walker: When someone makes a donation, on a student’s behalf, they “support” the student. For every $50 collected in the students name will receive a Walk-a-Thon t-shirt. This is a donation and is tax deductible for the giver. Students seek donations to EARN t-shirts during the month of May.
Matching Fund employer?
- Some of the employers who will MATCH FUNDS are Boeing, Microsoft and others. Check with your Human Resources department to see if your employer will match your donation.
- Only donations made directly by employee are eligible for matching funds.
- Please indicate "Employee Match and employer name” with your donation.
Your student will receive shirts on the FULL amount of the donation… including matching. We honor the match…even before we get it.
YES, we need you! For filing, data entry, processing donations, sorting and delivering t-shirts, plus many volunteers for the day of the Walk-a-Thon.
- Wednesdays 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23 and 5/30 for processing and delivering t-shirts (Morning 2-3 hours).
- Friday June 8 at the Walk-a-Thon, we need YOU to walk and support our kids!
- We still plan to have the bubble foam bog and a waterfall sprinkler!
- PLEASE! The “plunger/syringe” type of devices are NOT allowed…any size or shape, purchased or homemade.
- Send a towel &/or sweatshirt with your student(s) to warm up after the walk.
- Total amount raised and division winners will be announced at the celebration assembly @ 2:15pm.
- Regular after-school dismissal after the assembly.
Thank you for your prayers and support of this important event that benefits ALL of our students.
Walk-a-Thon Planning Team
Nikki Smith, Michelle Lewis, Kim Echols & Kim Forbes
Development Director, Lina Maragliano at firstname.lastname@example.org