Life is never a perfect straight-line. It’s more like a roller-coaster with ups and downs. At some point, students and families may struggle and need additional support. We are here to assist - THRIVE is a support in all aspects for life. We try to provide proactive education to prepare students for life’s challenges. When things get too heavy we have tools to help students academically, spiritually, and personally.
Some of the ways we can help…
- Give students individual mentoring and coaching with personal difficulties.
- Partner with parents / caregivers to find strategies and solutions for their students to reach their full potential.
- Provide academic accountability by problem-solving and goal-setting with students.
- Coach students with organization and time management
- Individual tutoring to provide learning support to help fill the gaps.
- Assist teachers with appropriate accommodations to help all students be successful.
- Transition students to a new grade level, bridge from elementary to middle school, and middle school to high school.
- Educate all students about relevant topics such as conflict-resolution, dealing with bullying, personal safety, etc.
God works in our weaknesses and fears. He promises to us in 2 Corinthians 12:9; “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Learning to rely on God and allowing him to help through all our struggles in life will foster a life-long relationship with Jesus.
Thrive Program Team Members:
Holly Leach, Julie Schmitke, Kristen Kreutner, Diane Winningham, Janet Christy,
Heather Shaw, Gene Berge, Chrissy Nicolici, Gina Kikuta,
Debbie Ellis, Janet Scarth, and Janet Lines