Northshore Christian Academy filters all learning through a Biblical world-view that recognizes Christ as Creator and Lord. We endeavor to train students spiritually, academically, and personally. Northshore integrates faith and learning as we educate and equip the whole child to impact a changing world for the glory of God.
The entire process of education is used by the Holy Spirit to bring students into fellowship with God, develop a Christ-like mind, and to train them in Godly living, so that they can fulfill God’s total purpose for their lives personally and vocationally.
Our school’s purpose is to educate the whole child, not only serving their academic needs, but their spiritual and personal development as well. By the time our students leave NCA, depending on maturity, age and grade level, they will have experienced growth in these three key areas.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Christ through a personal relationship with Him
- Develop a discipline of prayer and personal devotion, utilizing God’s Word and applying it to their daily life
- Accept the Bible as the only inspired Word of God
- Understand, memorize and apply Biblical principles
- Participate in a church community, serving God and others
- Recognize that there is only one true God and that Jesus Christ is His only Son.
- Become life-long, confident and enthusiastic learner
- Demonstrate proficiency in grade level curricula areas
- Understand and utilize math, science and technology
- Find, examine, evaluate and apply information as they become independent and confident learners
- Develop and demonstrate effective communication skills
- Possess an appreciation for the fine arts
- Develop strong independent study habits
Personal (Physical, Emotional and Social)
- Assume personal responsibility for attitudes and actions
- Develop skills for successful and Biblical conflict resolution
- Understand, value and practice the skills of effective citizenship
- Show integrity and respect for others
- Develop an understanding and acceptance of physical, social and cultural differences
- Practice responsible stewardship of God’s Creation
- Realize that their body is created in the image of God and is the temple of the Holy Spirit
- Understand that God has a purpose for their life